If you are looking for an economic and effective system of cable heating, it is worth thinking of buying the self-regulating heating cable. Every day more and more people choose such a solution.
In Moscow, as well as in other Russian cities, the heating cables are presented in several versions:
1. The single-core resistive conductor - both of its ends are connected to power, creating thus the closed contour. We sale such models by sections of the fixed length. Among features of single-core products it is possible to note obligatory application of a temperature regulator, prohibition on overlaps of wires when laying, a possibility of change of energy consumption of heating system only manually.
2. The twin-core resistive. It constructionally represents an analog of the previous option with that difference that external isolation contains two cores carrying current. Besides, the cable can be connected with one end, which significantly expands opportunities when laying system.
3. Areal cable. Unlike two above-named options this model allows to change length of the heating section, but with some reservations - it is necessary to consider points of connection of current carrying cores and heating elements. Other features of resistive wires remain the same.
4. Self-regulating. Absolutely new solution, which quickly became popular in the modern market as it allows to forget about all shortcomings of resistive models.
The product represents a kind of the heating conductor capable to independently correct heat volume depending on environment temperature. This feature is the main advantage of this solution, providing maximum efficiency of heating at the minimum expenses of energy.
The design of the conductor is rather simple: two copper cores carry out current on all length of a wire, the carrying-out matrix provides heating of an element and adjustment of amount of the generated heat. The design includes also insulating layer, the protective metal braiding (optionally), which protects the product from electromagnetic influences. The external cover protects it from mechanical damages.
2. An opportunity to overlap the product when laying. The more problem sites heat up, the less energy they consume and the less they heat up.
3. Functions of maintenance of optimum temperature are performed by a product, so the temperature regulator isn't necessary.
4. Any length. Unlike resistive products, the efficiency of the self-regulating cable doesn't depend on its length - buy as many meters of a wire as you need without any restrictions.
5. Practically doesn't need service in use.
As for shortcomings, it is possible to note only relatively high cost. But if we are speaking long-term, it is favorable purchase that allows you to save on energy consumption at operation of a product.
Such a big list of advantages defines a wide scope of application - heating:
There are also restrictions. Installation of the self-regulating cable when heating concrete on a frost is inexpedient - it is economically unprofitable, in that case use cheaper SHCV. For arrangement of heat-insulated floors it is also not the best option as it is impossible to regulate heating manually and to quickly raise temperature on the necessary value.
If you want the guaranteed success after purchase, it is necessary to take some factors into account when choosing a product for heating of water supply systems, sewerages, roofs:
Installation of the self-regulating heating cable
Installation of the heating self-regulating cable doesn't require the presence of professionals - you can perform operations, necessary for installation, independently.
Depending on your purposes you can carry out internal or external installation. For work with a narrow pipe, which is laid under the ground, it is necessary to buy system with the corresponding class of isolation: the cable is pushed into the pipe and then it can be connected to network. If we talk about external installation, the wire is fastened to a surface by means of an aluminum adhesive tape and is isolated by special heater. With a small diameter of communications the product is applied evenly; if you have wide pipes, the wire needs to be twisted around them.
For different conditions cables with various power are selected. Low-temperature models, which maximum heating makes 65 °C at the extreme power of 15 W/m, are suitable for internal installation. If it is about heating of pipes of average diameter or systems of anti-frosting, choose the products capable to heat up to 120 °C with a power of 30 W/m. If we talk about industrial facilities, pipes of big diameter, preferable option are models with the maximum heating up to 190 °C and with a limit power of 95 W/m.
The self-regulating heating cable is an excellent solution for heating of a water supply system, sewerages, roofs. If you take the choice of model seriously (having correctly calculated power, having chosen the producer) and make installation competently, the result will definately meet your most courageous expectations.