Heating of open spaces
Heating of open spaces by means of a cable is actively applied in many advanced countries with a cold climate: Switzerland, Canada, Great Britain and others. Use of such system is less expensive, than hiring janitors, snow clearers or purchase of special chemicals. And the paving serves longer thanks to softness of temperature difference.
In total the following advantages when using heating cables in cold season are noted:
- disposal of ice,
- getting rid of ice-slick,
- maintaining integrity of paving,
- reduction of additional expenses.
Application for free calculation
Types of heating of open spaces
Heating cables are mainly used for thermal control of surfaces in places of the increased risk of cold weather and ice: near ladders, ramps, access roads, sidewalks. Each object has a number of features and we'll discuss it further.
In winter they are always the place of the increased danger, there is a huge number of injuries annually. During frosts ladder freeze, become slippery, and the person can easily slip on thawed snow, frost or snow. Special heating cables are used for fight against it: they are mounted directly to the ladder base, but thanks to them it is possible not to worry about the above described problems. There won't be any of them: the cable connected to the thermostat warms up the ladder, ice ceases to be formed on steps and water doesn't manage to freeze, quickly evaporates at any temperature. Thereby the risk of falling, bruises, receiving any injuries on an object decreases. You'll never have to put sand or chemicals on ladders again.
- Ramps. They are as dangerous as ladders in winter and sometimes even more risky. If a ladder means existence only of horizontal steps, a ramp means one continuous surface at any angle, which is rare less than 20 degrees. It is easy to fall from it, especially if there is ice or snow! And getting an injury is a typical thing … To avoid it, it is possible to lay a special cable in a ramp. It will heat an object, melt ice, shovel away snow and water, thereby reducing risk of falling. Safety of operation of a ramp increases.
- Roofs. Roofs of buildings are also a zone of the increased risk in winter, near the house you can not only slip, but also be hit with an icicle unexpectedly fallen from the roof on your bare head. The cable should be installed for prevention of congestion of water, frost in drains, exception of similar situations.
- Cross-over roads. Transport needs a reliable paving too to be able to move without excess problems. Ice and snow are an obstacle for this purpose, especially if the road goes dowm and a car has no winter tires, not each driver installs them. Correctly built in heating cable connected to the thermostat allows to reduce risk of road accidents, roads become more reliable. They are noticeable because of contrast at any time: white snow and a dark paving without frost.
- Sidewalks. They need care during cold weather: because of ice they can crack, and pedestrians can slip and get traumatized. Putting sand won't help here unless it only saves some people from falling, but not everyone. The heating cable is used to completely get rid of snow, frosting, keep quality of paving for long time. It saves a considerable sum of money.
- Other objects. Heating in the winter can be used not only as a security measure, but also from the practical point of view. For example, various paths on the street, pavings and so forth, are far more visible when there are no ice and snow on them. The cable cleans the necessary sites, preventing their impurity in case of warming and it visually marks an object, differs it from others.
All above-mentioned types of heating of the open spaces can be used both one by one, and in a complex that increases efficiency of all system, considerably reduces risk of getting injured by people and damages by transport.All above-mentioned types of heating of the open spaces can be used both one by one, and in a complex that increases efficiency of all system, considerably reduces risk of getting injured by people and damages by transport.
What is a heating system of open spaces and its feature
The system consists of several parts, each of them is important:
1. Control cabinet. Serves for installation of electronic complexes of heating in the automatic mode. It also includes special protective devices which serve as safety locks in case of short circuit or excess of admissible norm of leakage of current on the warmed surface.
Control cabinet provides the analysis of a state and control of work of heat tracing systems.
Шкаф управления обеспечивает анализ состояния и контроль работы систем электрообогрева.
2. Heating cable. Basic element. Without it any heating system of open spaces doesn't make any sense. It looks like a snake. It should be built in in a surface without any changes therefore it is on sale in ready made form: heating sections connected by power electric wires.
3. Fasteners. The whole construction is connected to the warmed surface by means of them. It is, for example, wiring strip, welded mesh and other auxiliary objects.
Fastening of a heating cable is performed in gutters (trenches), drains, valleys, drips.
4. Systems of electrodistribution. It is used in order that the electrocable was heated evenly on all surface. Includes termination boxes, power cables, etc.
Purpose of all these elements is maintenance of the set temperature, which is required both in industry and in everyday life, therefore the broad popularity of a heating system of open spaces by means of a cable is quite useful.
Now various forms of systems, which are specific to any areas, are presented at the market. For example, cables for open spaces.
Installation of a heating system
Preparation for works on installation of a heating system of the open spaces in Moscow is individual for each object and has to include a set of nuances, such as:
- calculation of design features,
- calculation of necessary power, etc.
Installation can be internal or external. The first type includes laying of a heating electrocable directly in a heating object. Visually it won't be noticeable in any way. Such installation is suitable in case of works, for example, connected with asphalt and sidewalks. The second type is more visually noticeable, it is laid directly on the surface of the object. It is necessary, for example, when it is too expensive or difficult to carry out installation works.
External installation of a heating system
There is always a risk of electrical surge, therefore the heating cable is mounted into compaction of gravel or sand, and is covered with any nonconductor: asphalt, etc. Какой кабель выбрать из каталога?
What cable to choose from the catalog?:
Making a choice it is necessary to proceed from the tasks and financial opportunities. In total there are two types of heating cables:
1. Resistive. It heats up evenly on the whole lengths irrespective of the ambient temperature and a surface, which is its distinctive feature. Such cable is quite cheap, reliable and also has an impressive term of operation. The complexity of installation is the only disadvantage: electrocable is installed only by sections and it complicates replacement. To replace some part of system, it is necessary to change it entirely. And the lack of thermal control can lead to rather strong overheating on any local sites.
2. Self-regulating. It has a matrix, which reacts to any slightest change of ambient temperature with change of intensity of heating. This type saves significant amount of energy, it is easier to install it, but electrocable is slightly more expensive, though serves longer. One more advantage is the possibility of installation into section of practically any length.
Power of electrocable should be determined proceeding from requirements of construction, climatic conditions of the area. General recommendations:
200 W/sq.m — for stops of public transport, other protected objects;
350-400 W/sq.m — for difficult objects and those which demand special approach;
300-350 W/sq.m — for crosswalks, transport hubs, approaches to ntrances, dangerous places;
250 W/sq.m — for lawns, etc.;
Where to order a cable and its installation?
The team of experts, which can answer all the questions, has to perform works on installation. ‘‘Teplovye Sistemy’’ is the leading Russian company, which has been engaged in design, production, installation and delivery of various heating systems for 10 years. All projects are carried out "on a turn-key basis" from process of planning to realization. Therefore the company can be surely characterized as trustworthy.
Thanks to close cooperation with the world companies, the company got sufficient experience for creation of own type of electrocable. TS-HEAT surpasses many import analogs in indicators and efficiency.
Experience of the company allows installation in any conditions, and materials resistant to corrosion, differences of temperatures used by us allow a heating system of the open spaces to serve you during very long period without replacement or repair.
The heating cable is an excellent opportunity to not only visually improve any object, but also make it safer, thanks to special system there will be no water or ice, which is very injury-causing.